Monday, September 15, 2008

Casa Del Fox

Here are the long-awaited photos of our newly renovated backyard! Stewart & his amigo friends worked vigorously designing & installing the stone on our patio...I love it! Stewart is very talented & he is ALWAYS working in our yard!

Here is the "inspector" coming to check things out....she became fast friends with Nacho, one of the guys working on the patio. He & his son Gustavo worked tirelessly, hand laying each stone! Certain sections are random patterned, which takes some major skill to do correctly. Rylie would come out after the guys had gone home & say..."Where's Nacho?" & "Those are Nacho's tools".


Another view of the columns & fire pit area. Stewart later installed lighting on the columns & it is so nice to sit out on the patio at night.

The inspector isn't happy!!! But it has nothing to do with the patio....probably just nap time! She sure enjoyed playing in all that dirt & sand though!

A lovely place for us to spend our mornings before it gets too hot! I can't wait to have our first cookout!

This begins the "before" shots...I wanted to include some so you would know how drastically different it is now! These are a little out of order...forgive me! In this shot you can see the columns beginning to go up......Stewart, Juan & Nacho in the pic!

Stewart & the official "ground breaking". (More like earth shattering or waking the dead, if you will). There is never a dull moment in the Fox household....he had been talking about starting this "little" project for some time, so lo & behold, as I drifted into a peaceful slumber while getting Rylie down for her nap, I was abruptly awakened by the sound of a machine gun...or so I thought as I wrestled my eyes open to see where I was! Sheesh! Warn somebody next time why dontcha! :)


I just realized that this picture is remarkably similar to the one above.....oh, well, feast your eyes once again!!

Here are Stewart & Nacho discussing the finer points of patio design......

...and once again our little inspector on the scene with her shovel, come what may!


**Thank you, Lord, for all of our blessings! Big or small, they all come from You!

6 comments:

dawn wilson said...

great recap and it really does look amazing!

Ashley Turnbull said...

Emily, that is INCREDIBLE! I am in love w/ that patio - and to think that Stewart did it all himself. I really am just in awe. I KNOW y'all will enjoy that - can I enjoy it too? Ha!

EmilyFox said...

o.k. lets not get crazy.....he did not do it all by himself! HAHA! But thanks for the flattery...it will get you everywhere!! Come over anytime!

The Terrys said...

I LOVE THIS. If I EVER get a house, would Stewart do the back and you do the inside? For free? hahahaha!

Anonymous said...

The patio looks fabulous! Maybe we can come by and see it the next time we're in town. great job!

EmilyFox said...

Hi! I am not sure who the last post is from, but we would probably love you to stop by & see us!! HAHA!