Monday, September 22, 2008

Rylie room!

We took down the crib in Rylie's room some time ago & there has been a blank wall that I have been trying to figure out what to do with. I couldn't find pictures that I liked & I didn't want to paint directly on the wall, so I did these. They are a combination of acrylic & paper...mixed media inspired by none other than my dear art-guru friend, Dawn Wilson. She convinced me to add some paper in the mix to make it more interesting & it worked! Thanks, Dawn! Rylie loves the lady bug on this one!
Although you can't read it in this picture, this one says "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy..." I sing that to Rylie a lot. It was Stewart's idea to put a balloon in the tree...I love it!
Rylie is really into owls right now...go figure! Stewart put an owl statue in one of the trees in the backyard to keep the birds off Rylie's swing set & Rylie always wants to go see "Mr. Owl", so I painted one for her room! He has a button for an eye:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Martha Crocker. That's your new name.

Jaci Spain said...

LOVE the room! You are SO talented. And tell Stewart "GREAT JOB" on the backyard. It looks amazing! Send him to Birmingham to work on ours..LOL! We started to work on it a few months ago and have been way too busy with soccer so we have not been had a chance to work on it in a while. But anyways, I love all the new pictures and posts!

Anonymous said...

The pictures are very cute! Y'all are so creative!

Amanda said...

Dawn succeeds again! Those are too cute. I especially like the owl one!