Monday, September 22, 2008

Camping with the Carlisles

These are some shots from our camping trip with our good friends, The Carlisles. (Keith & Hollie, Jonah, Katherine). They embarked on the maiden journey of their newly purchased camper & we met up at Guntersville State Park for a fun weekend. My sister Melinda & one of my nieces, Haleigh, also joined us. We had a blast! My dad happened to be fishing there on Saturday, so he took Haleigh out on the lake & she came back with this catch! What a bass! He didn't make it, so we grilled him up for dinner...much to my dad's dismay. (He is an avid Bass fisherman & doesn't eat them! He catches & releases!) It was quite tasty, though, I must say:)

Rylie & Jonah, scarfing down some cinnamon rolls & blueberries for breakfast.....yes, that's how we "rough" it in the wilderness!


The deer were very domesticated. They came right down into the campsites, even eating from one woman's hand! They were beautiful and there were lots of them!

The only major mishap of the trip...Haleigh went to grab her bike & a yellow jacket stung her hand. We put a coffee packet on it to try to ease the swelling/pain. I guess it worked. She was as good as new in no time!


Yes, that is me, the rickshaw taxi driver for Jonah & Rylie. They loved it & it was great exercise for me! A win-win situation:) It was a great place to go for a ride & the kids were so cute holding hands & waving to everyone. Jonah is so chivalrous....he even pulled Rylie out of the road when another biker was coming down the path...such a gentleman!

Here is our special outdoor movie "Shrek the 3rd". We popped popcorn & sat around the tube outdoors! (pictured: Hollie, "Baby Kat-rin" (as Rylie calls her), Jonah, Stewart & Rylie) Somehow Keith escaped all my pictures! We had so much fun...maybe more can join us next time!

4 comments:

Ashley Turnbull said...

This looks like so much fun, Emily! Adam and I got tents last year and we have used them once. We have stayed too busy (and lazy) to go camping again, but I loved it. You guys are pros. I can't wait to do stuff like this w/ our little ones one day =).

And happy late birthday! Dawn said you guys were headed to Chang's!

The Terrys said...

It looks like a blast. I love that you biked the kids around! Sounds like your idea of "rouing it" is the same as mine!

Melinda said...

Ok two comments!!
1> the pic of Haleigh and Dad is awesome. PLEASE make me one.
2> crack (that's all I'm going to say)

EmilyFox said...

That comment is why I am proud to call you my sister!!!! HAHAHAHA!