Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Rylie update

Rylie is 22 months old today....her 2nd birthday is just around the corner! I can't believe how time flies!! I took her to Portrait Innovations today, but alas, we had another unsuccessful visit. It was a repeat of the attempt at 18 months.....let me paint the scenario for you......an otherwise jovial child, always quick to talk or smile.....as we enter the threshold of P.I. , assumes a vice-like grip on my neck, averting her eyes from all other human so as not to be captured by their tractor-beams.....She literally wrapped herself around me like a monkey & would not even let me put her down beside me! I tried to sit her in the "princess chair" they had on set & this resulted in a screech & the arching of her back much like that of a cat being placed in a bathtub. So, if you wonder why there are no professional pictures of my child from age 12 months to oh, say 15yrs (at this rate) ...that is why! ( Above: Rylie, Jonah & Kaylen having a hotdog!)
On to other topics...here is the Taj Mahal of dog houses, created by none other than my father! Here he is posing by the duplex (custom built for Jersey & Houston). Note that Houston already took up residence in the left side of the house before they could even get the doghouse in place! Pretty funny! We got him out & he jumped back in at least 3 times while they were moving it! Stewart later painted it to match our house!

Rylie's current faves: chocolate milk, Charlotte's Web, baby dolls & accessories, swinging, coloring with markers & singing/dancing to songs like "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star", etc. She is also sleeping in her"big girl bed" now & loves for her Daddy to read her stories each night at bedtime. She says the funniest things, too....today she said "I've got a good idea!" & she is getting better at saying please & thank-you! We are working on the potty training thing, but it is hit-or-miss....literally!


I was getting ready the other day & Rylie was sitting beside me in the bathroom. I looked over & heard her say "uh-oh" & this is what she had done~ Little did I know that she could get the lid off my mascara ! The "uh-oh" was because she got it on her cheek! Notice the rest is on her "eyes"!

Rylie & her daddy enjoying a fresh baked chocolate chip cookie with whipped cream! Oh-so-healthy!

1 comment:

dawn wilson said...

I just laughed so hard at your interpretation of your photo shoot... sounds like you need to spend some time with a local photographer friend of yours... I bet that could be arranged! How about for her 2nd birthday we do a fun photo shoot downtown or something?!?! It would be fall weather and evenings would be the perfect time... Let's put it on the calendar though.. otherwise it will be all talk and nothing else!