Monday, February 16, 2009

A pictureless blog...(sigh)

O.k.....so we just got back from a lovely romantic getaway in the Smoky Mountains for Valentines Day. We went with Keith & Holie Carlisle & their kids & Dawn & Allen Wilson & their little girl. The kids all had a blast playing together. We stayed in a beautiful log cabin overlooking the Smokies, and you could see the slopes from our balconies. The cabin had 3 floors & was equipped with an air hockey table, pool table, hot tub & loads of movies! It had a great fireplace & 2 balconies with rocking chairs. So relaxing! Anyway, we had a great time tubing in the snow & the guys went skiing one day. We all visited the aquarium & went to the Dixie Stampede on Valentines Day. We put all the kiddies in the Jacuzzi tub one afternoon & I got the cutest pics of them dumping water on each other....but this is where our story takes a turn south. Alas, my camera was resting on the vanity & I went to get my brush & the camera fell into the bathtub with the kids! It was like slo-mo....Dawn & I both watched in horror as it bounced twice & landed right in the depths of the tub! So sad! I hope I will be able to salvage the pictures from the card, but I fear that my camera has suffered a worse fate! Oh , well...material things can be replaced. Other than that, we had a wonderful trip (with the exception of Rylie's bout with carsickness upon leaving our cabin the last day...poor child.) So with that being said, I may or may not have pictures to post at a later date! I will have to scrounge some up from Hollie & Dawn!

2 comments:

Ashley Turnbull said...

Oh that is just terrible! I am so sorry - but, you are right - it CAN be replaced :) Glad y'all had fun...I thought about y'all on the slopes and the fake snow. Can't wait to do things like that with my little one!!

Anonymous said...

Emily, that is too funny...Now that I know your camera is okay! I sent you a link to the pics I took. Should be in your email.