Sunday, February 10, 2008

Mini-kitchen-makeover!!

We finally did it.......painted the kitchen! After weeks of mulling over what shade it should be, I decided on a color & my sweet (patient) husband helped me. O.k......he pretty much painted the whole thing. I did the initial base coat, but he knows better than to leave me alone with a paint brush (that spells DISASTER), so he took over, doing the tedious trimming & the all important final roll coat. Here is a shot of Stewart putting on the final touches!

Before..........

After!
I love the color........sort of a pear green. The picture doesn't do it justice. I loved my red kitchen, but I need a change. I have all red kitchen-aid appliances & they look so cute with the green!

Our little helper, caught in the act! She kept climbing up & down the ladder. Stewart & I were both concentrating so hard on keeping her out of the bucket of paint while we were painting that we failed to notice that she was underneath Stewart, rubbing her hand on the freshly painted wall! Her whole hand & part of her sleeve was green! I didn't get a picture of that!

Our sweet little helper!

Another "after" picture!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Hey Emily, I found your blog via the Wilsons. Your daughter is so cute! Also, thanks so much for the kitchen ideas. We are going to go with the "penisula" idea and some others you suggested. By the way, love your kitchen and new color! Of course I knew it would be fabulous :)
Amanda Owens

dawn wilson said...

I love it!!!!! Great job! You guys look soo cute! Sounds like you had a fun weekend and I am glad that you survived your first bloody lip! NO FUN! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Emily,

The new color looks great! The green lightens up the kitchen and makes it look bigger. Can't wait to see it in person. We miss you guys.
-Catherine