Monday, June 18, 2012

A Bug Themed 2nd Birthday!

 Can't believe our little man is already two!!! Time is moving so quickly...we celebrated Cohen's  2nd birthday party with a bug theme. I had a great time planning it!I made him a special "bug" t-shirt with a "2"....

 Some of the sugar cookies that have become a tradition on the kids' birthdays.....they always match the theme. Grasshoppers shown here....

 This was an idea I got from pinterest....Centipede grapes!


 More sugar cookies....butterflies, snails, and grasshoppers!


 Getting ready for some hotdogs!


 Drink station, where the little ones can have some "beetle juice"....


 The Hungry Caterpillar...(also a pinterest idea)....


 Dirt cupcakes with worms!


 A wheelbarrow full of real worms!


 They had lots of fun digging for the worms...they were huge!! I got the shovels and rakes at the dollar store....


 I got the big ants at a local cake supply store...they were lined up, heading for the cupcakes!


 So much fun for all!


 They got me with one of the fat worms....


 Presents....


 I got the idea to get a bunch of spray bottles (dollar store) and make them pretend bug spray (really just water) and the kids were the bugs. They put on the antannae (use pipe cleaners and plastic headbands) and sprayed each other! I cut the letters out of vinyl with my cricut!


 Spraying the "bugs"....


 Birthday boy and his buddy Tristan...


 I made "ant hills" out of ice cream, crumbling graham crackers on top and adding a plastic ant.....


 Nice day for a backyard party....



Hanging out....we had a great time and I loved the theme....only 5 months until Rylie's party...hmmmm what will her theme be this time??


No comments: